“Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts?" - Luke 24:38

The Gospel narrates that Jesus showed up to his 2 disciples who were talking about Him. They were startled and terrified when Jesus stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you” but they doubted the existence for they believe that He is already crucified. But Jesus did not stop talking to them. He did not stop to proving them that He is risen and He can do all things.

In our lives, the happening in the Gospel already happened to us hundred to thousand times maybe. But some of us still ignore Jesus in their hearts and in their minds. Jesus is talking to us every time we have problems, every time we are worried and every time we have doubts in our hearts and minds about Him. He talks to us, trying to comfort, amaze, and prove to us that He is always there on our side to guide and help us through. 

I realized that this incident already happened to me almost every day in my life. To the simplest thing to the most obvious thing, He is talking to me. The simplest example I can share is the fact that I need to go to church to attend the Holy Eucharist every Sunday but they were times that I rejected it. But that whats great, we have a God full of compassion and mercy. He still welcomes us with arms wide open even though we constantly reject Him.  We just need to come back to Him with a loving and sincere heart.

God has it all figured out. He will make a way where we don’t see any way. Some of us would pray just to be okay. Some of us tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” a verse that is famous and used. In this alone, I can say that Jesus is really the Messiah. He can do miracles. He already did miracles to us and that was the greatest miracle He did. Do you know what I am talking about? If yes, I salute you, I thank you for appreciating it, if no, well, Jesus just died for us and saved us all from our trespasses. Isn’t it amazing? 

Just like the lines in the song “Ordinary people” by John Legend:
We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning. Without meaning, life has no significance or hope. Therefore, we need God in our lives. 


-Jacob Vallescas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World