“Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” - John 20:21

In the gospel, the disciples locked themselves in a room for the fear of Jews. Jesus came to them and said, “Peace be with you” and showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced for they have seen the Lord. But Thomas, who was one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. He did not believe the testimony of the disciples. After a few days,  the disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. The doors were, once again, closed but Jesus came in and stood among them. ‘Peace be with you’ he said. He spoke to Thomas and he replied, ‘My Lord and my God!’

There are times that I become like Thomas. I’ve been exposed to the Christian life for how many years but still doubt God’s presence. I thought what’s taught is not enough for me to fully believe that God is with us. There were times when I felt I was facing life alone because no one backed me up when I felt so weak, when I was trying to understand my situation no one answered me, when I needed someone to listen, I felt left out. But then I realized that I was the one who’s making things difficult. I was full of pain, anger, and doubt. I was thinking too much and was blinded with my own problems. I came to a point where I gave up and surrendered everything then I realized that I was talking to God. I may not heard him but I felt calm and peaceful. It’s like God’s way of saying: “Have faith. I am here.”

As the YE 16 draws near, let us be reminded that what we are doing is for Jesus. It’s not for ourselves but for Jesus alone. Though we face oppressions and sometimes we doubt our capabilities, let us keep in mind that we have a God who’ll equip us and who’s there to fight for us. Let us stop doubting and believe that God is with us. Have faith.

“Because you have seen me, you have believed;blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”


-Erika Paragoso

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World