"I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the holy Spirit." - Mark 1:8

During advent, we need to get into a symbolic desert experience in order to experience God who is already here.

In today’s Gospel Jesus talks about the humility of John the Baptist. John the Baptist appeared in the desert and proclaimed baptism for the forgiveness of sins. John the Baptist used Camel’s hair and leather belt for clothing. He also fed on locusts and wild honey. John the Baptist proclaimed “One mightier than I is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals. I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

John the Baptist has shown his act of humility in the Gospel 3 times.
  • 1. Asking of forgiveness to God
  • 2. Wearing of camel’s hair and leather belt and feeding on locusts and wild honey
  • 3. Proclaiming that the Lord is mightier than him, he is not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals, and the Lord will baptize us with the Holy Spirit

Everyone should have their own “Desert Experience”, I don’t mean going to a physical desert but to any place that you can be alone with God and pray. My desert experience happened when I was in high school. I don’t want to ask forgiveness to anyone I had hurt. I don’t even acknowledge my mistakes, maybe because I was afraid, afraid of confessing my weaknesses. But in the end asking forgiveness and being humble is what we should do especially in preparing for the coming of Jesus.


God Bless :> 

-DJ Navarro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World