"I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing." -John 15:5

UNLIMITED INTERNET

Cel•lu•lar phone
noun

1. a telephone with access to a cellular radio system so it can be used over a wide area, without a physical connection to a network.

Well, gone are the days when our cell phones could be fully explained by this single line. Nowadays, a phone should be "smart", wherein it can do a multitude of things. Aside from calls and texts, it allows you to organize your schedule, use GPS, check emails, play games, download movies, use social media, and be updated with current events.

These phones are built to do crazy, amazing things. But as always, there are certain limitations, and in this case, to be able to fully utilize your device, you need one very important thing: Internet
connection.

My family and I were blessed to have had gone on trips abroad, and everytime we do, my phone loses almost all it's features. It simply becomes a camera. Sure, it's a good camera, but it can be so much better!

I think this analogy goes just as well with our Christian life. Sure, we can be a great camera. After all, we were made in the image and likeness of God! That alone makes us top of the line. We're the best there is. But that's the thing: We become just a camera. 

But if we make Jesus our Internet, and stay connected to Him, we become so much more. We become complete. We would be able to do those crazy, amazing things we were made for and we can accomplish the mission that He has given us. 

Today's Word says,

"...Remain in me, as I remain in you.
Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you unless you remain in me...

...I am the vine, you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing...

...If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. 
By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.” 

Truly, without Jesus, we are ordinary. But with Jesus, we are extraordinary! 

JIMLY!


- Lanzi Borromeo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World