"My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews.But as it is, my kingdom is not here." John 18:33


The gospel is taken from the book of John where Jesus and Pontus Pilate had their confrontation when the chief priests brought Jesus to him. They talked about whether Jesus was the King of the Jews. Jesus in reply said “Mine is not a kingdom of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, my men would have fought to prevent my being surrendered to the Jews. As it is, my kingdom does not belong here.”

We can relate to the word of the lord by looking deeper on what Jesus said. He said that his place was not here but on heaven. We too are like Jesus, We are living in a life that is only just temporary because there is something to look forward on and that is, eternal life.

Many people can’t see this because they are blinded by greed and power. People puts their money first before their dignity and what is commonly happening is that we focus more often on what we have and not on the things that we have done good. We care too much on things of this world but we must never forget that we can’t bring any of these to kingdom of God.

I am guilty myself on being blind to see the message of God. I am caught up on Earthly possessions like money, games, gadgets, walwal and all. I often forget that there is no forever in this world but there is only Eternal Life. Indeed, it is not too late for me to change and to open my eyes to the word of God. I can focus more on doing good things as well as focusing on the good values I can learn rather than focusing on the things that will only give me temporary happiness. We may think that this is impossible but there’s nothing impossible with God. We can start small and have a huge difference for tomorrow just like what he said on Matthew 13:31-32. “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”

Let us not be blinded by Earthly possessions. Instead, let us focus more on attaining eternal life and to be with the kingdom of God. We follow what Jesus did, by letting go and letting the will of God take action. We must continue on doing good to achieve our common goal and that is, Eternal Life.


- Bryan Chin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World