I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world. - John 6:51

The Gospel today tells us that God’s love is eternal. Without His love, we are nothing, just ashes waiting to be blown away and get lost. His love is eternal, because He sent forth His one and only son to save us from our sins to give us new life.

When we eat the bread during the Holy Communion, it represents that we allow Him to be in our life. The line “Whoever eats this bread will live forever”, tells us that when we allow God to enter our lives (when we eat the body of Christ), we will be complete, we will be able to experience life after death. Without Him, whatever we seek, we wouldn’t be able to find it, because there is nothing but emptiness. That emptiness is filled with God’s everlasting love.

Nothing is ever complete without love and passion. You cannot achieve a happy life when there is no love. You might work for a company that has a high salary, but how can you enjoy your job when you don’t even like it, even though your pay is great. You may become luxurious, but the luxury of love, joy and passion for your work is absent. Money can’t give you those luxuries. It only gives you emptiness and lack of belonging.

I can say that there are many times that I feel empty. Sometimes I feel that I lack love from others, sometimes, from my family and friends. But when I go to mass, I can feel God’s everlasting love. I can say that I really need God in my life. So, when I am burdened or problematic, I pray or go to mass. God knows what we need. God knows everything.

God is omniscient. He knows what all of us are capable of, He knows everything in the past, present and future. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to save us, and He saved us for a reason. That reason is His everlasting love. When we let Him to be a part of our lives, we will be able to feel His love and grace.

When we allow God, to enter our lives, there is nothing that we should be afraid of. When we are broken, God will be our mechanic or our doctor, our healer. When we see darkness, He will bring light. Let us be faithful in our God. He will lead us to life everlasting.

-Jethro Pobre


Sources:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World