He said to them, “Come, and you will see.” - John 1:39

Today's Gospel tells us about the meeting of Jesus, and three of His apostles, John, Andrew and Simon Peter. Jesus asked the apostles, "What are you looking for?" They answered, "Rabbi (teacher)". The apostles, in return, asked Jesus, "Where are you staying?” He said to them, "Come, and you will see."

In our time today, we tend to be so equipped with a lot of worldly things that we forget what we really ought to do in this world. We tend to be self-centered that we ignore the needs of others and focus on our personal needs. With that, we must pause for a moment and ask ourselves this question: What am I looking for?

Sometimes, we get so overwhelmed by the material things that call our attention that we forget to devote our time with the Lord. I, unfortunately, am guilty of that. Because of so many things to be done in school, plus the temptation that is social media, I sometimes forget to pause, say a prayer and have a deep and heart to heart talk with God. I tend to focus on the things that I thought have mattered in my life not knowing that these are just temporary. I became lost in the right path and turned to the wrong one, thus failing to see and think about what I am looking for. What AM I really looking for? Am I looking for fame? Popularity? Money? Well, others might say that for themselves. But if there's one thing for sure, and although sometimes I lose my way, I know that what I'm really looking for is the real purpose and meaning of life.

The path to the mystery that is life is not easy. It's not all rainbows and unicorns. In order to get there, you must ask for God's grace and guidance. "Lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) There may be times that strong storms will come your way for God sometimes puts us in the dark in order for us to see the light. And even though you have to undergo all those things, it is in certainty that God will be with you every step of the way. Yes, there are times that life will bring you down to your knees and make you feel like almost giving up but behold, "... For the Lord God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)
It is important to put our trust in God. Like the apostles, we need to come and see what God has in store for us. He will not lead us into something that's not good for us because He has the best plans for us. I'm really blessed that one of God's plans for me is to be part of the BLD Youth Ministry. I know that I am in this family for a reason and I long to inspire others the way the people that belong to this family have inspired me.

- Riezl Monteposo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Jn 6:60-69)

SUNDAY REFLECTION (Mk 7:18, 14-15, 21-23)

Us and Our God Against the World