SUNDAY REFLECTION (Matthew 16:21-27)
In matthew 16:21-27, Jesus reminds His disciples that following Him is not always easy. He tells them that He must suffer, be rejected, and eventually be killed, but Peter finds it difficult to accept this. Jesus then teaches that anyone who wants to follow Him must be willing to deny themselves, take up their cross, and follow Him.
This Gospel makes me realize that life will not always go according to what I want. There will be struggles, disappointments, and sacrifices, but these challenges can help me become stronger and closer to God. Sometimes, I may want to choose the easier path, but Jesus reminds me that doing what is right requires courage and faith.
I also learned that success is not only about gaining things or pleasing other people, what truly matters is how I live my life and how I treat others. I should not lose myself just to achieve worldly things. Instead, I should trust God, remain faithful, and continue doing what is good even when it is difficult.
“Take up your cross and follow me.” This reminds me that every challenge I face can be an opportunity to grow, learn, and strengthen my faith in God.
- Yenaa Gumapac
Comments
Post a Comment